Terms & Conditions
Duration and Times of Rental
- Rentals commence at 2:00pm on the first day of the rental and end at 10:00am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed.
- The holiday period booked will be stated on the Booking Confirmation provided to the Guest when they book.
- The holiday period can not be extended unless the Owners give written approval.
- The Guests will be liable for any cost of whatever nature incurred because of an unauthorized extension of the Holiday period.
- If a booking is made 2 calendar weeks or more before the Holiday is due to start, a deposit of £100 of the rent is payable at the time of booking.
- If a booking is made less than 2 weeks before the Holiday is due to start, the full rent, must be paid at the time of booking.
- Should the Owners reject a booking request, any deposit or rent paid by the Guest will be refunded immediately.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the Owners, the price for the Holiday shall be the rent for the property as set out on the Prices.
- As soon as the booking is confirmed, the person making the booking is liable for payment of the balance of the rent.
- Final payment of the rent is due in full on arrival at the cottage (start of your stay).
- If payment is not received on arrival, then the Guest(s) will lose their booking and the deposit will be forfeit.
Changing A Booking
- The Guest may change the date of the Holiday (without incurring a charge) providing the property is available for the new dates and a minimum of 4 complete calendar weeks notice before the date of the original Holiday is given.
Cancellation By Guest
- A Guest who wishes to cancel the Holiday must notify the Owners in writing or by email as soon as possible (‘Cancellation Notice’).
- The £100 deposit is not refundable under any circumstances.
- The Owners make every effort to ensure information on the website is accurate.
- However, the Owners reserve the right to amend prices quoted on the website due to errors or omissions but such changes shall be notified to the Guest as soon as possible and the Guest shall be given the option to cancel the booking with a full refund (including deposit).
Method Of Payment
- Deposit payments can be made by Credit or Debit card via PayPal (PayPal account not required, but valid email address must be supplied).
- Final payment on arrival must be paid by cash or cheque (We do not have a card machine).
- Any charges raised against the Owners by their bank for handling dishonoured cheques or any other payments will be passed on to the Guest who is liable to reimburse the Owners within 7 days of receipt of notification from the Owners.
The Guest's Obligations
The Guest's Agree:
- To pay for any losses or damages to the property caused by the Guest or a member of their party (reasonable wear and tear excluded);
- To take good care of the Property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Holiday;
- To permit the Owners reasonable access to the property for maintenance purposes or emergency repairs;
- Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party named when making the booking;
- Not to sell or transfer the booking to another party without prior agreement from the Owners;
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description (4) – a cot may only be occupied by a child aged 24 months or less;
- Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises;
- Not to smoke anywhere inside the cottage;
- Not to light any fires or fireworks in the garden.
Cancellation By The Owners
- If for any reason beyond the Owners’ control the property is not available on the date booked (owing, for example, to fire damage) or the property becomes unsuitable for holiday letting, we will inform you as soon as possible. All rent and charges paid in advance by the Guest will be refunded in full.
- We regret that we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation for damage or loss to the guest, where we are prevented from meeting our contractual obligations as a result of circumstances arising outside our control.
- All complaints must be notified to the Owners as soon as reasonably practicable.
- The Guests must allow the Owner the opportunity to put the matter right. The Owner will take immediate action to resolve the issue.
Electricity & Gas
- All utilities are included in the tariff rate payable. However please consider the environment when using the resources.
- No pets are allowed
- However, assistance dogs are welcome
- All bed linen is provided
- If your stay is a week or longer then you will be provided with linen and towels to change.
Breach Of Contract
- Ending the Holiday by either the Owner or the Guest does not affect that party’s other rights and remedies.
- If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Guest or any of their party, the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and end the Holiday and ask the Guest and their party to leave.
- If there is a breach of any of these conditions by the Owners, then the Guests have the right to end the Holiday and leave.
Authority To Sign
- The person who makes the Booking certifies that:
- He or she is authorized to agree the Booking Conditions on behalf of all persons named as guests, including those substituted or added at a later date;
- He or she is over eighteen years of age and a member of the party intending to occupy the property;
- Agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property. The owners cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to hirer's property or by personal injury, or damage to vehicles parked at hirer's risk.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept any responsibility for any lost property.
- If property is thought to have been lost in the cottage please notify us as soon as possible, so that a thorough search can be made.
- If the property is found we will post it on at the guest's expense (postage costs must be paid in advance). Otherwise the property can be collected from us within 3 months.
- Failure to pay for postage or collect the property will result in the property being disposed of.